Annalisa Stahler is a production stage manager with Disney based in Orange County, California, and she also works with Disney Studios. Just a couple of the shows she manages or oversees include Fantasmic and Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple.
She earned her degree in theatre with an emphasis in stage management at Arizona State University.
Annalisa shares with Marc about the role and responsibilities of a stage manager at Disney and how it compares to traditional professional theater, what it takes to work at Disney, what being a stage manager means to her, and how positivity, kindness, and hope have helped her get to where she’s at today.
spot lightning round with Annalisa Stahler:
- What’s a play that you recommend to be seen or read at least once? – “The Secret Garden by Marsha Norman”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Stay positive…visualize…and have a glass half-full attitude”
- If you could sing one song on The Voice, what would it be? – “Over the Rainbow“
- If you had a superpower, what would it be? – “Apparating, like in Harry Potter”
- What’s your favorite word? – “Hope”
people and resources mentioned:
- Disneyland – The happiest place on earth, and where Annalisa does her stage manager magic
- Fantasmic, Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple – Disney shows managed by Annalisa
- David Barker – ASU director of MacBeth where Annalisa was impacted greatly in her first major college production
- Robin Trowbridge – Disneyland Show Director of of Jedi Training
- Ava Terry– Annalisa's young niece singing Tim McGraw's Humble and Kind. Annalisa says Ava has the best chance of getting a 4 chair turn!
getting in touch with Annalisa:
Connect with Annalisa by Linkedin
- Musical Clip:
- Over the Rainbow by Eva Cassidy
thanks for visiting talking theater episode 12!
Will you also share this Annalisa Stahler episode?
Subscribe to catch all future episodes! This really helps the show out and lets you get all episodes automatically.